ORAS OU RMT: The unlikely hero's

Hello Dragonite's, Meditite's, and Smogonites!

This is the first team i have ever uploaded to Smogon and i'm ready for some constructive criticism!

annoying pokemon for the team:
Mega-sableye

scarf heatran

This team is based mostly around sticky web and to a lesser degree bulky offense. This team works by trading knock outs or sweeping with Scizor. Recently i have been doing rather well on showdown with this team due to the fact that most people are surprised by some of the more obscure pokemon and move sets. Also, because this team is generally powerful with good coverage moves it can really punish bad switches.

But that's enough rambling.... Let's check out some team analysis!

Galvantula (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
Hasty Nature Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Pin Missile HP ice
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web

This is a pretty standard set. The only thing that stands out on this set is pin missile which is basically used for bug-weak focus sash leads and smeargle. The rest is just two strong STAB moves and sticky web (it's a sticky web team ok). I use galvantula over other sticky web users because it's fast and has electric STAB coverage.

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Iron Head

I put bouffalant on this team because i like his hair. No but in all seriousness this thing hits like a truck, most pokemon go down in one hit from this monster. I run reckless for even more power on head charge and because most people just assume its sap sipper so i can force a switch anyways (or at least deter grass attackers from using their stabs). The last three moves are all coverage but i mostly just use head charge anyways...

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Now admittedly, this pokemon is mostly for rotom wash. Conkeldurr can easily switch in on a w.o.w and hit hard with a guts boosted drain punch. Ice punch is for flying types and knock off can catch latios/latias on the switch. Mach punch is just a nice move to have and rounds out the set nicely.

Gigalith (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Blast

Gigalith may seem like an odd choice, but it straight up laughs at talonflame. All you need to do with this set is switch into talonflame on a predicted brave bird or flare blitz and watch as their health depletes from recoil and rocky helmet, then you follow up with stealth rocks on the switch or rock blast for the knock out. If you can keep sturdy intact you can also beat heatran with EQ. Super power is to catch steel types hoping to take a rock blast.

Starmie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

One pokemon has sturdy, one pokemon has focus sash and no one likes sticky web. Starmie seemed like the perfect choice for a spinner due to its ability to prompt switches and surprising speed, power, and even bulk. Colbur berry is the item of choice because pursuit and knock off are a pain and now you can take at least one of them. Psychic is for mega venusaur, ice beam for dragons/flyers, and scald for coverage (not to mention that nifty burn chance).

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

And last but not least, Scizor! The goal of this set is to set up, sweep, and to look cool doing it. Nothing is really out of the ordinary, i chose super power over knock off/ bug move because i feel like its more useful so you dont get walled by steel types and the stat drops don't hurt too bad because i usually don't use super power more than once in a sweep.

And... That's pretty much it. I run max speed on some things to take advantage of sticky web but that's all i think. Let me know what you think and thanks for reading!

note: all edits will be in bold.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice Team ATGNAT... however, I do have a few suggestions:

1. Galvantula: If you are insistent on using Sticky Web... then please change his nature to Modest and replace Pin Missile with HP Fire. Ferrothorn does not fear any move that you can throw at it otherwise and 252+ HP Fire 2HKOs 252 / 168 Ferrothorn and guaranteed if not holding leftovers.

2. Gigalith: Sorry, but I have to pull a "Don't use that, use this" move and suggest Tyranitar here. If the purpose of Gigalith is to check Talonflame and set up Rocks then the following set would suffice:

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock / Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EV: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / Ice Punch
- Crunch

Laughs at Talonflame and is able to set up Rocks almost with impunity. Crunch and SE are you primary STAB with the coverage move of choice depending on what you feel is more difficult to deal with; though my vote would be for Ice Punch for Lando-T and Gliscor.

3. Starmie: If Starmie is going to be your Rapid Spinner, its probably best to go with the Reflect Type set:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

This set is preferred especially so you can avoid being pursuit trapped by the likes TTar and Bisharp while also providing amazing defensive utility overall. The rest of the moveset is obvious as your mantra would be "spinning and living" ^_^

4. Scizor: Replace Roost with Knock Off. With the Nature and EVs dedicated to offense, healing off damage would be a negative as your suppose to maintain offensive pressure with him.

Let me know what you think of these changes. ^_^

first off, thank you for posting!

secondly...

The reason i choose to use giga over t tar is mostly so i can feel cool for using such an underused pokemon, but gigalith also has more attack and defense than non-mega t tar and it has sturdy. Also, tyranitar is not really a team player on this type of team because sand is a pain to everyone not named mega scizor and depending on how the match is set up i might not lead with galv and sand basically defeats the purpose of focus sash. I know i could use unerve t tar, but then the difference between giga and t tar becomes pretty marginal with t tar having 20 more spdef+more weaknesses and giga having 20 more def and less coverage.

maybe i will try t tar out because pursuit does sound nice...

Next, +spa galvantula does make a lot of sense. I will probably change the nature. But, i think hp fire is a little unnecessary because i usually just switch to conkeldurr on ferro because it puts me in a good spot to nail potential switches with knock off or ice punch not to mention scizor sets up on ferro as well (because i have super power). i do think that maybe hp ice might be good because i basically only have pin missile for smeargle and hp ice would be handy to catch landorous on the switch (if they predict the thunder).

And lastly...

Having knock off may apply some more immediate offensive pressure. but, i find it pretty rare that i find myself wishing i had a dark move where as with roost i find it almost indispensable because it allows me to set up easier as well as beat many pokemon 1vs1 that i would not be able to otherwise. But, i have considered replacing superpower for a different attacking move at some points...

Overall, you did make some good points and i will update the team accordingly (especially galvantula). Thanks for your input!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)